This talk starts from an overview of various problematic areas facing today’s teachers of the scuola secondaria di II grado, from the important problem of the increasingly overloaded curriculum and the ensuing time restraints facing teachers, to one of the other biggest problems, that of motivating students who belong to Generation Z or “Generation Me”.
The seminar will then look in more detail about the fresh challenges and new opportunities that teaching Generation Z presents us with. Finally we will provide practical examples from both within and outside a coursebook on how teachers can adapt their teaching to ensure success in today's rapidly changing classroom.
- To help teachers understand the reality of teaching and time
- To help teachers understand the differences between today’s students and students of previous decades
- To help teachers understand that these students present opportunities for teachers as well as potentially some issues
- To help teachers understand how motivation is a critical success factor in today’s teaching
- To present how adapting teaching methodology and style can bring success in teaching
- To encourage discussion and the exchange of best teaching practices
Secondary school teachers
Educational English Language Teaching Consultant
- Overview of important factors causing difficulty in teaching English today
- Examination of what is merant by Generation Z students and their characteristics
- Practical examples of how teachers can adapt teaching styles to ensure success
- Practical examples of how a cousebook can help teachers achieve their objectives
- Have yor say! A cgìhance to exchange views and ideas with colleagues